The Guardian has published a map showing the carbon footprint of 40,146 public buildings in England and Wales. Including every school, hospital, police station and council office. The data comes via a freedom of information request from the Centre for Sustainable Energy. Buildings are rated from A – most efficient – through to G – least efficient – and plotted onto this map.
Even if you don’t see man-made climate change as an issue there’s still some incredible energy wastage going on here. Fewer than 200 of the 40,000 buildings fall in the top rated category.
- The UCA is Band D
- Farnham Post Office is Band G
- Farnham Castle is Band D
- HMRC in the Woolmead is Band F
- Farnham Hospital is Band D
- Pilgrims Way Primary School is Band F
- Alice Holt Lodge is Band G
- Heath End and William Cobbett Schools are Band D
- and so on…
Original article is here.