On Sunday 17 July the Wye Community Farm in Kent will be holding a charcoal making training day, led by local woodcraft expert Alan Sage.
The subjects covered will include:
- Splitting & Seasoning wood suitable for Charcoal making
- The main principles behind making Charcoal
- A small scale kiln will be loaded & lit as a demonstration of ‘how to’
- Discussion on traditional & larger scale production techniques
- Demo of shutting down a small scale kiln
- Discussion on sieving & grading Charcoal
- Current market trends & value
The event will start at 10.00am, finish approx 5.00pm.
If time allows participants may also have the chance to try out other woodland skills, such as hurdle making.
Attendance is free of charge, thanks to funding from the SITA Trust.
Places are limited, to reserve your place please contact WCF on 01233 813303 or info [at] wyecommunityfarm [dot] org [dot] uk